From the date of publication, the document applies to new and existing Ainsys Users.“
GDPR ” means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data.
Personal data, processor and controller have the meaning given to them in Article 4 of the GDPR.
1. Information about the Company and the Service
1.1. About Us
The operator of this Service and the person in charge in the sense of the GDPR is STANFORD EUROPE LIMITED , 16 Great Queen Street Covent Garden London WC2B 5AH, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ( hereinafter referred to as ” Company “, as well as ” we “, ” us “, ” our “, etc.)
We are committed to ensuring that your data is stored and processed securely. The protection and security of not only your personal data, but also your User Content, which is transmitted through our Service, is important to us. As part of this principle, we process personal data in accordance with the GDPR and in accordance with the data protection rules applicable to us and our Service.
If you do not wish to transfer your personal data to us, you can use all areas of our Service and Site that do not require authorization, without the need to disclose your personal data.
1.2. Additional InformationOur Site and/or Service may contain links to other sites or services, for the content and functions of which the Company is not responsible. Please read the data protection regulations on the respective websites or services of the respective operators. If you use the Service to transfer your User Content from one service or system to another, then you are solely responsible for the compliance of such data transfer with the protection rules of such services or systems from where and where you transfer your User Content.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against unauthorized access and/or illegal processing of your personal data or your User Content, as well as from accidental or illegal destruction, loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure of such data. However, please note that we cannot completely eliminate the security risks associated with the storage and transmission of such data.
Since our Service is not specifically designed for minors and adolescents, the transfer of their personal data to us should not take place without the consent of parents or legal guardians. If we become aware that a minor has sent us his personal data through the Service or the Site without the consent of parents or guardians, we will immediately delete this information. We encourage parents to instruct their children about the safe handling of personal information on the Internet.
2. Information we collect
2.1. Information that is processed by default
In order to ensure the technical functionality of our Service, in order to investigate security incidents and track technical failures or attacks, in order to resume your User Content or personal data in the event of technical problems with the Service, we collect the standard data necessary for this.
When you visit our Site or use our Service, we automatically record information from your browser, which helps us to improve the usefulness of our Site and to manage the provision of our services through the Service. Such log files may include:
• your IP address;browser type; • the web page you visited before you went to our Site; • the information you are looking for on our Site; • local settings; – history of access to our Site; • the time and date of visiting our Site or using the Service; • information about the activity of Users and the amount of data transferred on the Site or Service; • the device from which you accessed the Site.
Providing some data is required and obligatory. Without the transfer of technically necessary information, the functionality and provision of access to our Service are not guaranteed.
2.2. Information you provide us directly
We also collect, store and process the following information, which you directly transmit to us and for which we are the controller:
• Registration information: your email address, your password for the Account in the Service in encrypted format and your name. This information is required. • Additional profile information: phone number, time zone, your billing information. • Information for connecting to the Affiliate Program: full name, phone number, e-mail address, the name of the legal entity of the Affiliate (if applicable). • Authentication tokens, API keys, encrypted third-party service credentials, which are necessary for their integration, setting up communication and • performing actions with connections through the Service. 2.3. Information we receive as a result of your use of our Service
We also collect, store and process the following information that we receive as a result of your use of our Service:
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Analytics/performance cookies These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Cookies are optional and you can choose to use them or not. But if you choose not to use them, then we are not responsible for the results of such a refusal. If you agree to save such a file, the cookie is deleted from your device (1) after 30 days of your inactivity, or (2) after clearing the browser cache.
3. Legal bases and purposes of information processing
3.1. Legal basis for data processing
The processing of your data by the Company is carried out on the basis of the GDPR, namely: • based on your consent, if you have given us such consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR; • for the conclusion or performance of a contract with you (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR; • to fulfill legal obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR; • within the framework of a legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. • We only process personal data that you provide to us for use in connection with the use of our Service.
3.2. Purposes of data processing
The purposes of data processing specified in section 2 of this document are: • Providing access to the Service and organizing its use by Users; • Communication between the Company and the User; • Advertising purposes, including advertising mailing; • Consideration of your application, including with regards to participation in the Affiliate program;Improving our Service; • Fulfillment of the contract with you;Company accounting; • The legitimate interest of the Company, including within the framework of statistics, marketing purposes and the protection of the Service from unlawful use.
4. Period of data processing and storage We store your personal data and your User Content only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed, including to provide you with services, that is, as long as you keep your Account on the Service. We will also retain some of your personal and other information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and ensure our legitimate interests are respected.
We store your data:
• if you have consented to the processing until you withdraw your consent; • if we need the data to fulfill a contractual obligation as long as there is a contractual relationship with you or a legal storage period; • if we use the data based on a legitimate interest, then no longer than until your interest in deletion or anonymization prevails; • if there is a legal storage obligation, until the end of those storage obligations; • as indicated in section 2 of this document for different types of information.
5. Rights of data subjects As a data subject under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
• request access to information about the processing and personal data processed by us about you and receive a copy of such data; • request correction, deletion or blocking of your personal data; • request the restriction of the processing of your personal data; • object to the processing of your personal data; • the right to the portability of your personal data; • the right not to subject the data to automation, including profiling; • withdraw your consent at any time if you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data; • the right to report a violation of the rules for the processing of personal data; • the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority about a violation of applicable data processing legislation.In addition to making a request to the Service support service, you can partially exercise your rights as a data subject in the Service using the tools in your Personal Account. For example, you have the opportunity to ask the support service to delete your personal data or independently change the data in your Personal Account. In the event that we are required to keep records of some of your personal data, for example, for accounting purposes, this information is stored. All other information, including personal data, we delete within 5 calendar days from the date of your request to do so.
6. How we process and store your data We process and store the information received on the terms described in this document.
For example, we store your User Content in an encrypted raw format for no longer than the period specified in this document. You can make a request to our support service from the e-mail to which your Account is registered, so that we do not save log files containing your User Content and information about it. After receiving the request, we will disable data logging within 5 (five) business days. After disabling the storage of log files of your User Content and information about it, we are not responsible for investigating errors in the operation of the Service for the transfer of your User Content and do not respond to requests to the support service about investigating errors in the operation of links, because we have no data to analyze the errors that have occurred.
If you do not disable data logging for your User Content, please note that we save it for a limited period of time, as indicated in section 2.3., And only during this period of time can we investigate the error that occurred in the work of links, if such occurred. If you contact us after the expiration of the storage period for such data, the support staff will not be able to help you, therefore all claims for the incorrect operation of the Service and/or connections are accepted by the support service only within 5 (five) business days from the moment such an error occurs in connection. Please take into account business hours and support days, we will not be able to provide assistance if you contact us on the sixth or seventh calendar day after an error occurred, just prior to a weekend or a public holiday.
All data that we process as a processor, we process under the terms of this document and the GDPR.
We keep your data safe. All our partners are bound by non-disclosure obligations and should not use the transmitted data for any purpose other than those for which we provided them with such data.
In particular, we ensure this level of security by pseudonymizing and encrypting personal data and your User Content, regularly testing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of processing. We implement and maintain various security measures designed to protect the Service and your data from unauthorized access, unauthorized processing or disclosure to unauthorized third parties.
We undertake to notify you of any breach of the security of data processing and storage and/or data leakage by the method and within the time frame provided for by applicable law.
Depending on which jurisdiction you are from, your personal data and User Content are stored in secure web hosting centers in Germany and/or the United States.
Transfer of your User Content through the Service
The Service works on the principle of transferring User Content from one service, system, site, program (“Source”) to another service, to a site, system, program (“Reception”). We do our best to protect your User Content and keep it confidential. We use the best security practices to keep your data safe.
1. The user connects the Source. During the setup of the Source, the Service shows the User test data (real data of its User Content or fake data (an example of data compiled by us)) in order to improve the User’s user experience in the Service. 2. The user connects Reception. When configuring the Reception, the Service displays a list of columns, and in these columns the User specifies what data should be transmitted from the Source. 3. When the connection between the Source and the Reception is connected, the Service, taking into account the configured filters, receives your User Content from the Source and transmits it to the Reception. 4. The fact of transfer is displayed in the Personal Account – the Service received one order – and transferred one order. You cannot view in the Service which User Content was transferred, only the fact of transfer. The User Content that is transmitted using the Service is not stored on the Service, with the exception of test data if the real User Content was used. 5. For each transfer, we record the transfer log file in encrypted form on a secure server. In it, the Company can see what User Content was received from the Source and transferred to the Receiving for the last 7 (seven) calendar days. Such logging can be canceled at the request of the User.
7. Who we share data with
WE DO NOT SELL ANY PERSONAL OR OTHER USER DATA.
To ensure the operation of our Service, we work with various providers of services and services (for example, a hosting provider). In addition, your data will be transferred to parties that are unavoidable for the fulfillment of contractual obligations or where there is a legal obligation to transfer them. All such third parties must agree to respect the confidentiality of Users and protect the confidentiality of your personal data.
Your data may be transferred to providers and contractors in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We only transfer personal data to third countries in countries where the EU Commission has confirmed an adequate level of protection or where we and our contractors can ensure that personal data is treated with care.
When processing your data, we work with the following service providers who have access to your data:
Title: Google Analytics (Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre ParkwayMountain View, California, 94043, США)
If you have particularly sensitive questions, please contact our data protection officer or our support by mail, as there can always be security issues when communicating by e-mail.
If you have any questions regarding the Service, organizational or administrative issues, you can seek advice or assistance from the Service support service by using the support service email address or writing to the support service in the online chat on the Company’s Website.
Requests for e-mail of the support service are accepted only from the User’s e-mail registered in the Service.
The support team will use their best efforts to quickly respond to the problem, usually within one to three business days.
The time and days of the Service support service are indicated on the Site.
Support email: email@example.com
If you want to receive any clarifications by mail, then make an appropriate request to the Company:
STANFORD EUROPE LIMITED , 16 GREAT QUEEN STREET, COVENT GARDEN, London, WC2B 5AH, GB Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
STANFORD EUROPE LIMITED
16 Great Queen Street Covent Garden London WC2B 5AH